The FABLE project focuses on developing innovative practices for youth workers to support young people in using sustainable fashion as a way to create inclusive spaces. These new spaces of inclusiveness and the use of sustainable fashion as a tool are aimed to bring young people back together and promote entrepreneurship, creative learning and critical thinking. Thus, the project offers an alternative solution to promote inclusiveness starting from youth workers and young people, as well as fostering youth entrepreneurship and opportunities of personal and professional change.Our objectives
The project focuses on two key global topics: how to be sustainable even in fashion and how an ever-evolving industry can be used as a lever to develop new inclusive opportunities and transversal skills that can also be useful outside this market through the promotion of critical thinking and ethical work as a basis for the future. Our goals are:
- Empowering young people and fostering the skill-building of young people with an innovative flexible methodology, to be adaptable in different disadvantaged contexts
- Empowering organizations across the EU by promoting social inclusion approaches via the fashion labour market
- Providing tools and resources to turn creative ideas connected to the sustainable fashion world into concrete actions
- Awareness-raising local communities on the importance of rethinking the concept of inclusiveness creating a fil rouge with opportunities, labour market and sustainability
During the project, the partners are working on three main results:
- Training Curriculum for Youth Workers on Innovative Practices
The first project results is the FABLE Training curriculum for youth workers on innovative practices to build inclusive spaces for young people using sustainable fashion. This includes the development of local projects as well as an online course with implementation in all partner countries. Available December 2022.
- G-local Hubs for young people
The FABLE G-local Hubs for young people focus on creating G-local Hubs in all partner countries based on a toolkit and toolbox developed in the project. Available September 2023.
- International Network Hub and EU Leaderboard Challenges
The third project result includes the development of networking guidelines and an online environment, as well as capacity building. At the end this result also offers more information and guidance through an e-book publication. Available December 2023Project Partners
The FABLE project includes six partners from six different countries:
- Liberitutti Societa Cooperativa Social S.P.A., Italy
- Asociación Caminos, Spain
- Inter Alia, Greece
- ReCreativity Tarsadalmi Vallalkozas Non-Profit KFT, Hungary
- Sozialwerk Dürener Christen, Germany
- Happiness Academy Ltd., Bulgaria
To stay connected and informed about the project, visit our webpage
and follow our social media Instagram
. The European Commission's support for the production of this publication does not constitute an endorsement of the contents, which reflect the views only of the authors, and the Commission cannot be held responsible for any use which may be made of the information contained therein.